Monday, May 18, 2015

May....Permission Granted

Hello friends and family!   Can you believe it's already the middle of May?  Time really does fly when you're having fun!

May is an interesting name for a month.  I'm sure there is some great reason for the name, but I'm on my lunch break, and I don't have time to research its history!   Meanwhile, I did want to comment on the fact that it has another meaning in the English language.   May is a permission word (i.e. "May I please have another piece of cake?"  "May I go outside and play?").   It's a word that has been stirring in my heart lately as we continue in our northeastern adventure. 

Sometimes it's hard to believe that God is working things out for our good, especially when we're in the dirt and dank of the trenches.   Honestly, we probably could have just said, "Sometimes it's hard to believe" and ended the sentence there.    There are things that we are contending for, promises that we have not seen come to fruition, and things that we know in our hearts that God is wanting to do in and through us that seem more than impossible.   There have been some glimmers of hope, only to be blindsided by disappointment.  Our shattered hearts find themselves in a battle of beliefs.  When everything in you screams that it would just be easier to give up hoping and dreaming, but your spirit continues to whisper, "Don't give up...it's not yet the final word", you can find yourself smack in the middle of Ephesians 6:13, "...having done all, to stand."   

It has been one such season for me (Christi) especially, and I have found myself asking God if I even have permission to believe for these things that have been hidden in my heart for years.  I've been wrestling with laying down things that have become idols, while not "laying down" the things I should be contending for.   It's a delicate balance, and I would be so lost without the Holy Spirit.   I cannot even tell you how grateful I am for His friendship and guidance and comfort and wisdom.   You may have no idea what I'm talking about, but maybe you can relate to this in your own walk.  I really sense the Father's heart saying "Permission Granted".   He has big dreams for each one of us, and He loves when we start dreaming with Him, and believing that He is bigger than the current circumstances we find ourselves in.   So, my friend, you (and I) have permission to believe God for the things that He has promised.  We have permission to trust that He has the absolute best things planned for us, and that He is working on our behalf ALWAYS.   I dare you to take the last few days of May and talk with the Lord about what you may have stopped believing for.   I believe He is wanting to bring us to a new level of faith and expectation!  Amen?

I know it's been a couple months since the last update, so there may be a few things that you haven't heard yet.    I missed April's update, as I was in California to celebrate my Grandmother's life and love at her Memorial Service.   It was an adventurous trip complete with flight cancellations due to weather and some family drama, but overall it was a good time.   The day after I returned, I started a new job as a Claims Examiner for a small Disability Insurance company.   So far I have been in training, but it has been a good experience so far, and I'm looking forward to getting to the actual work.    The benefits and paycheck don't hurt, either.   Paul has been gaining some traction in his business, and now that "summer" is upon us, houses are starting to sell quickly which translates into more inspections!    Summer also means that every weekend will be filled with gigging with the band, which begins that first week of June.   Until then, we're enjoying the last couple of Saturdays we have together!   

Prayer Points:
Please continue to pray that Paul's network of realtor's will grow into a sustainable business.
I am still trying to adjust to a full-time work schedule, while balancing continued work on my book and some other projects.  Please pray for wisdom and strategy and strength in the transition.
For Maine...last night we had a YWAM missionary who has spent time in Lebanon and Jordan with Syrian refugees, along with several other countries, and he said that Portland, ME is one of the driest places, spiritually, that he has ever been to.   God loves this state; He loves our city; and here in the midst of brokenness He longs to release freedom and healing.  

Thank you for staying in touch with us!  We love you and appreciate every single one of you!    Love from Maine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment